1. Lock all doors and windows each and every time you leave the house, regardless of how long you will be gone. Remove garage door openers from vehicles when parked outside of and away from your house.
2. Get to know your neighbors and watch out for one another. The best people to know if there’s anything out of the ordinary are the people who live in the neighborhood.
3. Don’t post your movements on social media. Don’t check-in when you’re away from home, even if you’re at the gym. Don’t post upcoming vacation plans. You never know who’s actually reading your social media posts.
4. Make your house uninviting to thieves. Keep blinds drawn. Keep the exterior well-lit.
5. Fortify your house with security screen doors and windows, security window film, and replace existing strikeplates and screws.
FOCUS ON KEEPING INTRUDERS OUT OF THE HOME